Thursday, September 3, 2009

Poverty and an Affirmation.

I haven't had any money since Sunday.

I'm being totally serious.
Really.
Like no money.
At all.
Okay 71 cents.
But that's it.
And you can't withdraw 71 cents from the bank.
So I basically have NO money.
Which is kind of a weird situation to be in... especially if you're miles away from home in a strange foreign land where they say their e's like a's and sandwiches are called "sangers".

Anyway, I quite like knowing I don't have any money in my bank account... it stops me from spending. It might be a good idea for me to keep as minimal an amount in the accessible account and dump the rest in the savings one. It might also be a good idea for me to stop talking about my bank details on the internet.

Haven't said much about my course mates and stuff, so I will now... thank God I'm making nice friends here. I mean I seriously thought the friends thing would be my biggest setback, cos' I'd just be the loser-y dork that no one wanted to be friends with. I'm still a loser-y dork, but at least people generally don't seem to mind being my friend.

Topic jumping - I don't remember authorising it to be September D: it's so freaking fast. But good, I guess. December cometh!

Errr... what else.

OH more stuff for cheh to read/look at XD : This and this. HOHOHOH.

Oh and... one of my friends re-dyed his hair. It was this really vile shade of orange with copper tones, then he bleached it twice to get it to an ah beng blonde, then after two days, dyed it completely jet-black. I'm waiting for his hair to start falling out in clumps.
How in the world can someone do so much crap to their hair in such a short period of time??? Even though guys have short hair and it supposedly "grows out really fast", it's got to be damaging to do that kind of nonsense so often. Sheesh.. THE STRANGENESS of people. Although I have to admit, being in a country full of coloured-haired people does make me feel like my black mop is lacking. And these blondes and redheads aren't even satisfied with their natural colours. I mean I KNOW for a fact that there are no human genomes for pink, blue or green hair D8< So, to the blue-haired dude I see around the uni every tuesday afternoon... you're not fooling anyone!!!!! I'm actually started to have thoughts about dying my hair after seeing all this colour. Like bright bright red. Neon, McDonalds-y red. Hoho! But of course, my dear parents, you need not panic and buy the earliest ticket to Melbourne and try to stop me. I'll probably never dye my hair. Me and chemicals have a hate-hate relationship. Yes. I scorn all forms of chemical ingestion and application, and in turn, chemicals agonize me in their most evil form - through Chemistry and the like. By the way, the weather is getting warm here. Like yesterday I was walking to school and I felt this weird sensation in my arms and legs. Then I remembered the sensation was called "feeling warm". I have also, thankfully, regained control of my fingers and toes, which have in fact been numb up till two days ago. I just didnt realise it because.. well, they were numb. haha I'm kidding. But seriously though, it's much warmer now than it was in July when I first came.

[portions of this entry have been extracted at the request of ma]

And now me and my thoughts will go to bed.

-gretl.

P.S. Sorry if this entry is fragmented and stuff. For some reason blogger screwed up and deleted a chunk of my post, so I had to retype. ANNOYING TECHNOLOGICAL CRAP.

3 comments:

  1. LOL must be. Who else would leave a comment like that? =X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sayang, ma was enjoying your blog until.... it breaks ma's heart to see you write so crudely and nastily about anyone, sayang... ma pray God forgive you sayang. ma love you very much

    ReplyDelete