Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Earthquake!

My first earthquake experience in San Francisco!!!

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/events/nc/71560691/us/index.html

I was sitting on my bed at around 3pm when I felt a sudden, small jolt. I almost immediately suspected an earthquake and wondered if I should lie down and put the pillow over my head (what you should do if you're in bed when an earthquake hits). But the shaking had already stopped, so I figured it was either over or just my imagination (feeling queasy and kinda dizzy today x_x).

At 6pm I was watching the news on TV, and the reporter mentioned there was an earthquake earlier in the afternoon with a magnitude of 3.7 - 3.8, and I was like "It really was an earthquake!!!! O_O"

Anyway, as you can see from the website I linked above, it was a weak earthquake that didn't do any damage, so no worries, all is well. =)

P.S.: Interesting fact, the 1906 earthquake that devastated SF actually happened on this exact date. 105th anniversary present? D:

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! Mama was right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAYUM D: reinforce your walls with pillows!! lolol.

    is it sad that i've never experienced an earthquake before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pa has experienced two small quakes while in California in 1985/86. I can tell you it is not fun....it is much better not to experience it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOLOL pa! yes, true true. i would also probably overreact :x

    ReplyDelete